3 Cheers for the Red, White and Blue!
In our neck of the woods we are busy making plans for the 4th of July! Family, fireworks, BBQ’s and FUN!
Today I am sharing a quick dessert idea we made last year. It was festive, fun and a crowd pleaser!
Red, White and Blue Rice Krispie Treats
Smoosh it down into a 9×13 pan. Next is white I simply made up this layer just like normal and then smooched it on top of the blue layer. Last but not least came the red. Again (Lots of food coloring pink just won’t do!) Squish it on top of the other two layers. Let cool and voila a fun festive treat!
Rice Krispie Treat Recipe (from the cereal box)
- 3 TBSP butter
- 4 cups Jet puffed marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Melt butter in large saucepan
- Add marshmallows and stir to coat with butter. Keep stirring until mixture is completely melted
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispie’s until evenly coated
- Using a buttered spatula pour mixture into a 9×13 sized pan coated with cooking spray.
- Let cool then cut and serve
Come back Thursday for another fun festive treat. Firework cookies!