Anyone still have peaches hanging around? To be honest we went and picked up some more the munchkins were moaning that our fresh peach supply vanished too quickly! Plus I had a few recipe I was still hoping to try out!
Today I am sharing one. My pictures isn’t much to write home about. (We were in a hurry to taste it) 🙂 However I promise this pie did not disappoint it won an approval from 5/6 tasters (the 6th I should note is quite picky as of late and loved each component separately just not together so much)
This recipe comes from the Jamie Cooks it Up again. We sure do love her recipes. I did half it since we didn’t really NEED 2 pies. If I were to do it again since my pie pan is SO big (9.5 inch and DEEP) I would probably double the crust and keep everything else as is. If you are wanting to make 2 of these delicious pie’s head on over to her blog to see her fabulous pictures and the full recipe. Enjoy!
Ready to give it a try?
Fresh Peach and Cream Cheese Pie
adapted from: Jamie Cooks it up
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 large peach peeled and smashed up
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 TBSP butter
- 4 peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 1 package)
- 4 TBSP butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- a pinch of cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 8 oz cool whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- Place cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour in the 1/4 cup water over the top and stir it around until it’s combined
- In a separate bowl smash up 1 peach
- Put your smashed up peach, sugar, almond extract, butter and cornstarch mixture into a medium sized saucepan. Stir it all up
- Heat up the mixture over medium high heat. Let it come to a boil while you stir. Let it cook for about 2 minutes until thickened.
- Set aside to cool
- Put all crust ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined
- Pres into a 9 inch pie tin.
- With electric beaters beat the cream cheese until smooth
- Add the sugar, vanilla, dash of salt and beat until nice and smooth.
- Add your cool whip and blend it again until it is fluffy -ish (yes the recipe says it! and I love it) 🙂
- Put filling into the crust and spread it out evenly.
- Add the rest of your fresh peaches to the cool topping glaze. Stir until combined and pour over the top of the pie.
- Wrap pie with plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.