Exhaustion is setting in as I type this up. We bottled 2 bushels of pears for a total of 51 quarts of pears. We used just over a quarter of a bushel of pears to fill the dehydrator too! It must be fall!
In case you are in need of a treat this lemon ice cream was recently a hit around this neck of the woods!
Luscious Lemon Ice Cream
from: Mel’ s Kitchen Cafe
Yield: About 1 quart
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Juice of 3 lemons (about 1/2 a cup)
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixed well.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according manufacturer’s directions.
- Place ice cream into a freezer safe container and let set 3-4 hours until firm and easy to scoop.