I tweaked the cooking time just a little and turned it into mini muffin bites the 2nd time around and the munchkins are LOVING taking them to school in lunches. They freeze wonderfully!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Adapted from: Jamie Cooks it Up!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk. Add the zucchini to the wet ingredients.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir, junst unil combined. Fold in the chocoalte chips and you are ready to pour into muffin pan.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake holders and fill a bit more than 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 for 17 minutes.
Optional: If you want to make mini muffin bits we dropped the temperature to 325 simply sprayed the muffin tin with a little PAM and baked for 11 minutes in a pan like this