Hello hello! I hope each of you still taking the time to check in now and then (THANK YOU!) are enjoying a lovely summer!
A few quick items of change
Item #1 – I will continue reunion info in the near future however it is going to be interrupted for a bit. (Truthfully I still haven’t taken the pictures needed to complete the post) 🙂
Item #2 – I am going to be switching from blogging M/W/F to Tuesday/ Thursday. I promise I have tons I want to put up but I am just not keeping up. Between wanting to be in the moment with my family, my continued limited time allowed sitting in a computer chair staring at a screen etc. and a need to de-stress I am backing off of my self imposed schedule. I hope you will still take the time to drop in though!
Now onto a lighter topic – Who doesn’t love ice cream??
Did you know that July is National Ice Cream month? We have been celebrating in style with 4 new flavors to share in the coming weeks.
Tonight’s flavor is Funfetti Golden Oreo ice cream. Adapted from Blahnik Baker.
This flavor was a real kid pleaser! (Can you ever go wrong with sprinkles??)
I think the best part of homemade ice cream with our current ice cream machine is the ability to watch in eager anticipation for it to start to thicken and look like ice cream!
Funfetti Golden Oreo Ice Cream
- 1 cup whole milk, chilled
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 c heavy cream, cold
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or 2 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 1 c chopped Golden Oreo cookies
- 1/3 c sprinkles
- a pinch of salt
1. In a large bowl whisk together milk, sugar,vanilla bean seeds and pinch of salt on low- speed until sugar dissolves, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in heavy cream until combined.
3. Pour into your ice cream maker and churn until thickened. During the last 5 minutes of mixing add in the chopped Oreos. During the last minute add int eh sprinkles.
4. Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze for 2-3 hours till firm.
5. Eat and enjoy!