Have you started planning a fun menu for Valentines Day? I am excited that it falls on a Friday this year! Rather than my husband and I going out we try to have a fun/nice meal with the munchkins and spend some quality family time.
Today I thought I would share a fairly easy dessert idea.
Chocolate Ganache cake!
A few years ago I was given this darling cake pan! I knew just what to do with it!
First I baked some fun little chocolate cakes. Next let them cool completely and finally drizzle chocolate ganache over the top! Added bonus -once the ganache has set add a royal icing decorations, sprinkles or pipe a fun saying in frosting.
recipe from: Hungry Happenings
- 6 ounces very finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP corn syrup
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a bowl and microwave for about 20 seconds on medium power just to warm the chocolate
- In a pan bring the heavy cream and corn syrup to just barely a boil
- Pour hot cream mixture over chocolate and let sit about 2 minutes
- With a rubber spatula begin to stir the chocolate carefully in small circles starting from the center and working toward the outside.
- If you still have chocolate chunks you can microwave on defrost for 5 second at a time (Don’t over heat!)
- Once chocolate is melted and smooth wait about 5 minutes for it to start to thicken then pour over cakes and allow to drizzle down the edges. *depending on your added sparkle you may want to add it before the ganache sets rather than after.
- Let sit until completely cooled and thickened.