We tried out a new crock-pot recipe last week and if you measure success by who is willing to come back for leftovers this was a CLEAR WINNER! All of the munchkins kept coming back for the leftovers and lots of groans when it was gone.
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
from: Jamie Cooks it Up
- 6 chicken breasts (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounce) bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 C Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- Hamburger buns (we used at least 16)
- Optional slices of Swiss or Provolone
- Place BBQ sauce in a medium size bowl
- Add 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- Add 1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- Add 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Whisk mixture together to combine
- Place chicken in crock-pot and pour sauce over the top.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours until chicken is cooked through and easily falls apart.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks. Stir in sauce to make sure all the chicken is well coated and enjoy!