This has been my go to breadstick recipe of late. The perfect side to a batch of soup and super quick to whip up. I found this recipe at one of my all time favorite recipe blogs Jamie Cooks It Up.
Quick and Easy Breadsticks
adapted slightly from jamiecooksitup
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2-4 cups flour
- 1/4 butter (the real stuff)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- Mix the water, sugar and yeast together in the bottom of your mixer and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and the flour, one cup at a time until it is well incorporated. Mix on high for 5 minutes.
- Let dough rest for 5 minutes
- Melt the butter and pour half of it into a jelly roll pan.
- Place the dough in the center of the pan. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes. (This will make it MUCH easier to shape)
- Spread the dough out flat onto the pan until it reaches all of the edges.
- Pour the other half of the butter onto the dough and spread it around.
- Mix Parmesan cheese and Lawry’s Seasoning Salt together and sprinkle all over the dough.
- With a pizza cutter cut the dough into three rows lengthwise, and then into about 12 little height wise rows.
- Put the pan into a 170 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes (The breadsticks should rise about 1 inch)
- Turn up your oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown
- When they come out of the oven let them sit and rest again for about 5 minutes.