Today should be a stitching update. However I am going to spare you the agony. Let’s just say NOTHING was accomplished in this area. Quilting yes, oodles of canning yes. Christmas stocking not so much. Here’s hoping October goes better!
Now onto better things.
Lately we have been enjoying lots of yummy fresh peaches from the orchards! I saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to mix things up a bit and give it a try. It’s dessert but not one you need to feel too terrible about eat. (HOORAY!) Plus it was delicious!
Brown Sugar Baked Peaches
adapted from: The Kitchen is my Playground
- butter (1/2 tsp per peach half)
- brown sugar (1-2 tsp per peach half)
- Cinnamon to taste
- optional – Heavy whipping cream and 1-2 TBSP of sugar
1. Wash peaches. Cut them in half and remove pits
2. Scoop out the middle red part *optional but supposedly makes it less bitter
3. Place 1/2 tsp butter in each peach half
4. Sprinkle 1 -2 tsp brown sugar on each peach (we used 1 and it was great)
5. Sprinkle a little cinnamon over the peaches
6. Bake at 375 degree until peaches are tender – about 30 minutes.
7. Serve warm (whip some cream with sugar and add a small dollop of whipping cream