This little project has been on the someday list for awhile! The best part about it was that it is easily adaptable for all ages to enjoy and everyone to make their own masterpiece.
I did this with my 8 year old church group of girls I am a leader for. (Activity Days)
- 4 cups water * divided
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- misc cups, balloons or Styrofoam balls and or toilet paper or paper towel tubes (ghost forms)
- black felt or googly eyes
- craft glue
- optional: invisible thread for hanging
1. Bring to a boil 3 3/4 cups water.
2. Mix remaining 1/4 cup water and 2 TBSP cornstarch in a bowl and set aside
3. Pour into pan of boiling water and stir continuously for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
5. Dip cheese cloth into mixture and gently wring out.
6. Spread cheesecloth out and drape over form.
7. Allow to dry (@ 1 1/2 hours)
8. Remove from forms be amazed 🙂
9. Add eyes with tacky glue, attach thread if desired