The time has come for Thumper to make his own money cans. At our house we do the 10/50/40 plan for the money that comes in.
10% Tithing (a church donation learn more HERE)
50% Savings (This is put away into a bank to pay for college or a mission down the road)
40% Spending (A chance for the munchkins to learn about money and budgeting)
Thumper has had a piggy bank for awhile. He however has reached the age where he realizes his siblings have something MORE.
The time had come to create his own money cans.
- Old canisters (baking Soda, baby food etc)
- A few pieces of scrapbook paper
- Double sided adhesive
1. Measure canisters and cut paper accordingly
2. Place tape on each edge of backside of paper (Thumper LOVED getting to slide his finger down the tape to help it stick!)
3. Apply paper to cans.
4. Add stickers labeling what the jars are for.
5. START saving those pennies!
For my older munchkins I recently introduced this Register as a way for them to keep track of their money. A skill I think will be important down the road. This is the system we came up with:
Here is what it might look like filled in:
If anyone happens to be interested in a copy of our register I am happy to send the pdf just leave me a comment.