Have a extra peaches you aren’t sure what to do with? Give this recipe a try! There is nothing better on a HOT summer day.
- 1 – 12 ounce can frozen orange juice and water
- 1 -46 ounce can pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup concentrated lemon juice
- Sugar to taste -(I generally don’t put too much it depends on how ripe your fruit is)
- 1/2 bushel fresh peaches or nectarines
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2 Place peaches in boiling water for about 30 sec. to soften the skin.
3. Take peaches out of boiling water and place in a bowl of ice water to stop your fruit from cooking.
4. In a large bowl combine juices.
4. Peel skin and remove peach pits.
5. Slice and dice peach into medium sized chunks. (think bite sized)
6. Place sliced peaches into large bowl of juices
7. Once all the peaches have been added. Ladle peaches and juice into freezer bags (quart or pint size) Be careful not to overfill! (They will expand as they freeze)
8. Place on a cookie sheet and then into freezer. Freeze until ready to use.
To eat: Pull out when ready. Place in a bowl of hot water (replacing as needed) until the peaches soften. I prefer mine to still have lots of ice chunks! Simply use a knife to break it up a bit once it has defrosted a little.
Best if eaten the same day as defrosted. (If we don’t finish the bag I simply blend them up and freeze them into Popsicle for the kids to eat later)