I finally completed another project started last year! I have to be honest I was a little disappointing they have become such a pinterested project as of late! ( I like being ahead of the curve. Sigh ~ Oh well!)
I got this done just in time for the munchkins to start back to school! I think it will be a fun family tradition to go with our first day of school pictures.
- Scrap Wood (I used some Masonite my Father in Law was getting rid of)
- Martha Stewart chalk board paint
- Paint brush
- rulers (enough to cover the perimeter of your board)
- Gorilla glue
1. Cut board to size you want
2 Paint with Chalkboard paint my board ended up taking 3 coats
3. Pull metal trim out of rulers and cut to sizes needed
4. Glue onto board and clamp
5. Remove clamps and enjoy!
My added bonus is I think this piece finally completes the inside of my shelf for back to school time! (While crazy it makes me happy) 🙂