Last week I decided to try my hand at altering a family favorite recipe slightly to create a new meal and use up some more of the OODLES of zucchini
I have coming off the garden. I will apologize up front that my pictures are less than great. Since I wasn’t sure it would turn out I wasn’t too picky about them.
In the end we loved the new version. Rather than wait for good pictures
I decided to just roll with it. I hope you give it a try!
Chicken Zucchini Crepes
Adapted from: My mom’s crepe book growing up (Sorry couldn’t find the name!)
- 1 batch of Crepes (recipe below)
- 1 batch of filling (recipe below)
- 1 batch of topping mix (recipe below)
1. Place a spoonful of filling in crepe and spread out along the center. Then fold edges of crepe over mixture.
2. Place on edged cookie sheet.
2. Repeat until all crepes are filled
3. Spread topping mixture over tops of crepes
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
5. Broil in oven until slightly browned and bubbly.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 milk
- 1/4 melted butter
I mix mine up in my blender. Then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cooking.
Chicken Zucchini Filling
- 4 1/2 cups cut up zucchini
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream * optional
1. Cut zucchini to your liking. I sliced into about 1/3 inch rounds and then quartered them.
2. Saute and or steam zucchini until tender. (Be careful not to over cook or it will be mushy!
3. In a medium saucepan mix all ingredients and cook until mixture is hot.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP milk
Blend mayonnaise and milk together. Then spread over the top of crepes and sprinkle with cheese.
Now don’t start adding calories and start cooking 😉