Thanks for coming back today to see how to make Woof – Em sticks!
- 1 3/8 inch diameter dowel
- 3/4 inch dowel (for handles)
- 3 ft X 3/16th inch plain steel rod (we found ours at Lowe’s)
- rubber mallet
- 11/64th inch drill bit
- Drill Press or Steady hand!
1. Cut Large dowel pieces into 2 inch increments
2. Cut smaller dowel into 5 inch increments for handles.
3. Sand all of those pieces.
4. Using a 11/64″ drill bit ( in a drill press ideally) 🙂 Drill a 1- 1/2 inch hole in the middle of each fat dowel piece.
5. Using the same drill bit. Drill a 2 inch hole in the middle of each handle piece of wood.
6. Take a rubber mallet and pound metal rod into one fat piece of wood and one handle piece of wood.
7. Optional Step – Soak fat dowel piece in vegetable oil for 24 hours to keep the dough from sticking. We didn’t do this but by the 3rd woof- em the dough won’t stick anymore.
Now go light that campfire and Enjoy! If you missed what to do with these click HERE.