Today I am sharing a long time family recipe. This is my go to summer dinner when the produce is fresh from the garden and it is TOO hot to cook! The recipe isn’t very exact and pretty much anything goes. It is very easy to adapt to your own individual tastes.
- 1 Bag of macaroni shells or elbows (whatever you prefer)
- green pepper*
- black olives*
- Cheddar Cheese – @ 1 -2 cups depending on the size of your salad
- 1-2 cans of tuna fish
- miracle whip
* The sky is the limit whatever you like and or have on hand.
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Then place in cold water with ice cube to cool it down quick !
2. Once pasta is cool set it in a strainer to drain all the excess water.
3. Chop up whatever veggies you opted for in your salad. As you can see on this day I only had cucumbers, tomatoes and celery.
4. Place in bowl with pasta and mix well.
5. Add tuna and cheddar cheese to bowl and mix
6. Stir in miracle whip – this is totally at your discretion whether you like a lot or just a little to bind it together and give it a little zip.
7. Eat and enjoy!