It was recently brought to my attention that my blog is missing a family classic. What has become known as our “pretty cookie” recipe.
This recipe was sought out because I wanted a cookie to take places that looked good. I love our regular recipe but they do have oatmeal in them and they just aren’t “Pretty” so at parties they weren’t the first chosen. (Crazy I know)
So after much trial and error (let’s be honest the munchkins didn’t mind at all) we settled on our favorite that comes out perfectly pretty every time! It comes from Two Peas and their Pod.
I usually 1 1/2 times the recipe and use a big box of vanilla pudding and go for milk chocolate chips.
Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies (a.k.a “pretty cookies)
adapted from: Two Peas & Their Pod
- 1 cup unsalted butter – at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3.4 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all -purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi -chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree’s F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
2. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add in pudding mix, eggs and vanilla extract.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop cookie dough by the rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slight golden and set.
9. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes then transfer to a cooking rack.