Hello! I hope you are all having a fabulous Friday!
Today I thought I would share a quick little refashion I recently did. For those of you that have followed this little ol blog for awhile you might recall this dress:
If this is new and you want to learn more you can click Here.
Well truth be told it just never fit right and didn’t get a lot of use. After several failed attempts to fix the arm straps I just gave up . . . until now!
Purplicious and I decided to experiment and see if we cut the top off if we couldn’t somehow salvage the skirt. I wish I had pictures of the between stages it was scary for a bit! But I do have the final reveal
A beautiful new skirt that she loves and will actually wear instead of the frumpy dress I just couldn’t figure out how to make cute like the original idea.
Here’s a quick rundown of what I did.
After chopping the top off I stretched each shirred section to roll the fabric down and stitch it into place
leaving in it’s place a new ruffled waistband!