Are you drowning in Zucchini like us? Today I am sharing one of the munchkins favorite recipes this summer. A new Chocolate Zucchini cake recipe.
We found this recipe while searching for a recipe that didn’t call for buttermilk since we didn’t have any around. Lucky for us we stumbled on this chocolate rendition and it is wonderful. Super moist and delicious!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
from: Mom on Time Out
- 2-3 cups zucchini grated (about 2 medium zucchinis)
- 7 TBSP cocoa powder
- 2 TBS butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 c up wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Place grated zucchini on paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
3. Combine sugar, eggs, applesauce, zucchini, butter and vanilla in a large bowl
4. Combine chocolate chips with a couple TBSP flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom while the cake is baking.
5. Stir in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa powder and chocolate chips
6. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
7. Pour the batter into a well- greased bundt pan.
8. Bake the cake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when put in cake.
9. Let cake cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine butter, chocolate chips and corn syrup in a microwaveable dish.
2. Heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals at 50% power, stirring in between until chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. Pour over cake and enjoy!