If you make this be sure to invite 16 of your closest friends over to share it with! They are super rich and super yummy!
We got a good price on some lemons and still had a few of these beauties sitting around:
so when a picture of Lemon – Raspberry Bars popped up on a pinterest search we decided to give it a try.
Lemon Raspberry Bars
from: Oh Sweet Basil
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (About a package and a half)
- 6 TBSP salted butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons depending on their size)
- 6 oz of fresh raspberries
- 1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree’s and spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In bowl combine crushed graham cracker, melted butter, sugar and lemon zest. Stir until graham crackers are moist.
3. Press mixture into greased 8×8 pan. Be sure to press mixture 1 inch up the sides of the pan.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Then allow to cool to room temperature.
5. Once crust is cool, combine egg yolk and condensed milk until well mixed.
6. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
7. Stir mixture until it begins to thicken. Then gently fold in the raspberries ( BE CAREFUL so your mixture doesn’t end up pink!)
8. Pour the lemon raspberry filling evenly over the graham cracker crust.
I saved a few raspberries out to sprinkle on top for eye appeal.
Bake for 15 minutes or until just set.
9. Cool to room temperature, then chill at least one hour before serving. Cut into bars and serve.
* You can keep bars in fridge for up to 5 days.