Today I am sharing a family recipe I found when in Denver last summer visiting my Aunt. This is a GREAT snack for mid morning or afternoon. It isn’t super sweet like a real cookie and with the oats and whole wheat it is filling and nourishing. The chocolate chips give it just a hint of sweetness.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/2 TBSP nutmeg (I omit this)
- 1/2 cup ground Flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg beaten with 1 TBSP water
- 1tsp vanilla
- handful of mini semi sweet chocolate chips
(pictures show a triple batch)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients
2. Mix all Wet ingredients
3. Mix together
4. If too wet add more flour. Add a handful or so of mini semi sweet chocolate chips Then place mix in fridge for 20 minutes
5. Preheat oven to 335 degrees.
6. Drop cookies onto parchment paper
then press down for even cooking
7. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
8. Eat and enjoy or store in the freezer and pull out as needed!