I saw a post on Skip to My Lou for these pancakes and knew I had to try them!
I am SO excited to have another way to use my big bag of Flax and from what I am reading it is a great nutrient.
I liked that these pancakes seem to fill up my family faster than regular pancakes and stick with us longer. No one is starving an hour or two after!
Ready to give them a try?
Whole Wheat and Flax Pancakes
adapted from: Skip to My Lou
- 3/4 cup ground Flax
- 2 TBSP baking powder
- 3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 3 eggs
- 3 TBSP canola oil
1. Combine flour, flax, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a 2nd bowl mix milk, eggs and oil.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry
4. Gently stir until just combined. Do not over stir. Your batter will be lumpy.
5. Spray pan with nonstick spray and cook!