I have been on the hunt for a good/ easy quiche recipe. This one seemed to fit the bill. Not too many ingredients and it was super easy to whip up. Purplicous my resident food critic loved it. That counts as a win for me and it is a keeper!
Spinach Cheese Quiche
from the live well network
- 12 ounces low fat evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed out
1. Bake pie crust and let cool
2. Place spinach in bottom of the pie crust
3. In a bowl whisk milk, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, eggs and egg white together.
4. Pour mixture over the spinach
5. Place on a cookie sheet (trust me if it overflows you will wish you had!) and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 350 and cook for another 30 minutes until done.
Spinach not your thing? I also altered this recipe by leaving out the spinach and adding
@ 10 oz of partially steamed broccoli and handful of ham.
It was a bitter fit for some of the family 🙂