Don’t know where you live but where we are the weather has been cold and snowy! What better time to whip up a batch of Fluffy Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls?
This is another FABULOUS recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up! When she posted her Fluffy Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls I knew we had to try them. It has been a go to favorite on soup nights. They are perfect to have the munchkins help me with. They don’t take long and with the whole wheat I feel like we are a little more nutritious!
Fluffy Honey Wheat Dinner Rolls
From: Jamie Cooks it Up!
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour, divided
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 TBSP butter, softened
- 1 TBSP active dry yeast
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
2. Into mixer place 2 cups wheat flour-I used a mix of freshly ground
hard white & hard red.
3. Add 1 cup white flour
4. Add 1/4 cup honey
5. Place your 3/4 cup milk in the microwave for 2 minutes. Then add it to your mixer along with 3/4 cup hot water.
(Just hot from the tap is fine you don’t want it so hot it burns you!)
6. Add 1 tsp of salt
7. Add 6 TBSP butter and turn on the mixer to a low-speed for about 1 minute so the ingredients blend together.
8. Now add 1 TBSP of yeast and mix for 30 seconds
9. While the machine is mixing add 1 more cup of white flour. Allow dough to mix for another minute or so. The dough should start to pull away from the sides of the bowl. This will tell you that you have enough flour. If it does not add a little more flour until it does. Then turn the mixer to medium speed and mix for 5 minutes.
10. While dough is mixing take a 9×13 pan (or 2 pie pans) 🙂 and coat the bottom and sides with butter.
11. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces using a sharp knife
12. Roll each piece into a ball.
13. Place pan in your warm oven and let the rolls rise for about 15 minutes or until doubled in size.
14. With the rolls still in oven turn oven up to 350 degrees. Then bake rolls until golden brown. (@ 13 minutes)
15. Once golden remove pan from oven and brush soft butter over the top of each roll.
16. Let them rest in pan for about 5 minutes before serving.