Today I am sharing one of our go to soups as of late. Crock pot Chicken Enchilada Soup.
I love that it is on the healthier side of soups. It is also quick to mix up and then let cook! When you get back from a busy day you have maybe 5 minutes before dinner is on the table ready to go.
Ready to give it a try?
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
adapted from Jamie cooks it up
- 1/2 quart canned tomatoes
- About 1/2 tsp cumin
- just under 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 – 15 oz cans corn drained
- 2 – 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red or green pepper chopped
- 2 chicken breasts (frozen works great)
- 1 -10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1- 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tsp bullion granules
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
2. Drain and rinse the black beans and place in crock pot
3. Drain corn and add to pot
4. Place chopped pepper into crock pot
5. In medium sized bowl pour enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup, milk and bullion and whisk together until smooth
6. Place chicken into crock pot
7. Pour sauce over chicken
8. Cook on low 7-8 hours (or high for 4 hrs.)
9. Once chicken is cooked remove it from the crock pot and shred it.
10. Add 2 Tbsp butter to crock pot
11. Add in 1/2 tsp lime juice
12. Place 1/3 cup sour cream in crock pot and stir until well combined
13. Add the chicken you shredded back into the crockpot.
14. You are ready to eat! Serve with a bit of cheese, tortilla chips etc.