Here is another regular favorite at our house. This is one of the meals I remember my dad making on the rare occasion when he cooked. It is quick and easy and the munchkins love it. I also love that I generally have everything I need to make it on hand too!
Ready to give it a try?
Lazy Man Sloppy Joe’s
1. Brown hamburger (@ 1 LB I usual just take out a block I have pre-frozen from freezer)
2. 1 carrot grated (to be honest I probably do WAY more than this)
and let sizzle for about 3 minutes.
3. Add 1 -2 cans of tomatoes soup (add one if it isn’t soupy enough for you add a 2nd can)
4. Add Ketchup and Mustard to taste (I usually put in 3 big squirts of Ketchup and a little squirt of mustard)
5. Cook until hot.
We like to eat our lazy man sloppy joe’s over Betty Crocker Biscuits. Add a fruit and vegetable and you have a meal!
from: The Betty Crocker Cookbook
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS Sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Cut shortening into mixture until it looks like fine crumbs
- Stir in milk until dough leaves side of bowl. (Dough will be soft and sticky)
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and Knead lightly a few times.
- Roll or pat dough to 1/2 inch thick. Cut with mouth of cup into @ 2 inch round circles
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet. (about 1 inch apart for crusty sides and touching for soft sides)
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm