Two weeks ago we were STILL drowning in blackberries so we hit the streets again for something new to try. We stumbled upon a fabulous recipe on the Pioneer Woman Blog.
We have since tried it twice! The munchkins even liked it – this rates as a KEEPER!
(If I am honest though 2/3 of the munchkins really just liked the whip cream with it not so much the cobbler. I can also promise you would NEVER guess which munchkin was the one who liked it)
The second time around we varied the recipe a little to try out our fun individual sized pie tins. Below is our how to. I strongly recommend though if you are interested in this recipe to check out the actual link to Blackberry Cobbler #1 by the Pioneer Woman. Her pictures are AMAZING and it is a great tutorial.
Blackberry Cobbler from The Pioneer Woman
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups blackberries *
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in microwave
- Rinse blackberries and let dry
- Mix flour and 1 cup of sugar in bowl
- Whisk in the Milk until well mixed
- Add Butter and mix well again
- Butter 8 mini pie tins
- Place 1/3 – 1/2 cup batter in each tin
- Let your helpers drop in 10-13 blackberries (more if you want it fruitier)
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of sugar over the top of berries.
- Place in oven and bake 25-30 min.
Add some whip cream or ice cream and enjoy! If serving later place tins in warm oven for about 5 min. to reheat.
* you might need 3 cups of blackberries if you helpers snitch like mine do! 🙂