A little while ago I check out this book from our local library:
One of the recipes I was excited to try out was for Peach BBQ chicken. This turned out to be a fabulous way to use up some of the extra peach butter we had sitting on our food storage shelves downstairs! (Turns out we aren’t much of a jam family)
Anyway in case you have extra preserves sitting around or just want to change up your BBQ menu we highly recommend this one!
Peach Barbecued Chicken
Adapted from Char Broil grilling chicken and veggies
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp onion salt (admittedly I substituted this for just a pinch of reg. salt)
- 1/3 cup peach or apricot preserves (homemade peach butter worked marvelously!)
- 3 TBSP Barbeque sauce (we used Sweet Baby Rays)
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp salt
- Combine peach preserves and BBQ sauce and remaining salt
- Grill chicken over medium-low heat turning and brushing frequently with peach BBQ sauce for 15-20 minutes until done.