Here’s another fun spring/summer dessert for you to try!
Orange Creamsicle Cookies adapted from: The girl who ate everything
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (for me this was 2 oranges)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg ,vanilla and orange juice until smooth. Then gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets covered in parchment paper. Do not flatten cookies! Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Don’t overcook! Cool for several minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooking rack. Store in airtight container.
* If cookies are coming out flat add a little more flour to make up for adding the Orange Juice.
* These cookies freeze beautifully!