When this recipe was featured in my Kraft foods email I knew
I had to try it out once our raspberries were on!
A Pavlova we discovered is a pastry that is crunchy on the outside
with a marshmallow inside. MMMM delicious!
My SIL came over to help out and this is how we made our rendition
(slightly less healthy because we went with the ingredients we had on hand!)
of Kraft foods Creamy Raspberry Pavlova.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lrg package of Instant JELL-O Vanilla pudding
- 2 1/4 cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
1. Heat oven to 225
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tarter in mixer until soft peaks form
3. Add granulated sugar 1 TBS at a time until stiff peaks form
4. Trace a 10 inch circle onto parchment paper. Flip paper over and place onto a cookie sheet.
5. Spread Egg mixture onto pan within your 10 inch circle forming a slight bowl shape in the center (Next time I would tap softly around the edges
with a spatula to give it a more wispy shape)
6. Bake at 225 for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Let cool completely
8. In a bowl place Pudding mix and milk and beat for about 2 minutes.
9. Stir in COOL WHIP.
10. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
11. Carefully place meringue on plate (preferably without much shape oops! Although I did later find a tutorial that purposely had you crunch up the top of the pavlova)
12. Spread the pudding mixture over the pavlova (we had about 3/4 cup leftover)
13. Top with fresh berries
14. Serve immediately!