Time to report on last weeks Fabulous Friday. We started getting ready for the 4th of July! We read several books about the flag. What it looked like to begin with and how it changed plus why we celebrate the 4th of July.
I unfortunately did not read any that we absolutely LOVED (I fear I was not on the ball enough to get the good books from the library) 😦 So we don’t have a specific book this week. (HAPPY to take suggestions!)
Our first project after reading our books was to make this:
- 7 popsicle sticks per flag
- white paint
- red paint
- Blue Paint
- masking tape
- paint brushes
- cardboard (empty cereal box works great!)
- star stickers
- magnet (optional)
- Paint one side of 3 sticks white don’t forget to catch the edges on the ends!
- Paint the edges and one flat side of 4 sticks red.
- Let dry!
- Cut cardboard to fit the size of 7 popsicle sticks
- Place glue on cardboard (be careful not to put too much on or it squishes EVERYWHERE!)
- Arrange sticks on cardboard starting with red and alternating colors
- Let dry for about 20 min.
- Tape off a square
- Paint Blue (Several coats!)
- Let dry
- Apply star stickers
- Add magnet to back if desired
Voila fun flag decoration!
Our second project for the day was a fun Flag Jell-o. These have been seen all over the place!
- Rectangular pan
- Red Jell-O
- Strawberries halved
- Cool Whip
- Make Jell-o according to package instructions and pour into a rectangular dish.
- Once Jell-o has set frost over with cool whip
- Arrange blueberries into top left square
- Place Strawberries in lines for the stripes
- Enjoy your delicious treat!
That wraps up our Fabulous Friday – – Flag edition!
Come back next week for more Festive Fridayness.