When I saw this tutorial on Bakerella I wanted to try it out. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a great excuse to make them. Well the excuse presented itself this week and voila. SO fun and EASY! The trickiest part was finding ingredients. I had to trade out a few because traveling around to multiple stores in hopes that they would have exactly what I wanted just wasn’t happening.
So here is my mini rendition of the original which you can find here.
- Ghiradelli Chocolate Squares
- Mini M&M’s
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate melts
- Sucker sticks (not pictured)
- Place PB cups in freezer to help them keep the chocolate on when you peel the wrapper
- While waiting for PB cups to chill pull out Rips. Slice off one ridge. They weren’t as long as I would have liked them to be so I rolled them out a little longer. Be sure to put down about 1 TBS of sugar to keep them from becoming too sticky
- I decided to add some flare and carefully trimmed the Rips into 3 parts at the bottom to look more like a tassel.
- Remove wrappers from Reese’s. Place on wax paper and let warm back up to room temperature.
- While those are warming you can make your tops.
- Melt candy melts.
- Attach mini M&M to center of Ghiradelli square.
- Use a toothpick to trace a thin line of chocolate from M&M to edge of square and place tassel on top.
- Allow to set up.
- Once Reese’s are at room temperature dip the end of sucker stick in candy melt and carefully insert into peanut butter cup. Let set up
- Attach Ghiradelli hat top to peanut butter cup using candy melts (I just dipped the top in the melt and placed it onto bottom of hat. Let set up.
- Voila fini! Place in fun container
Want to see another rendition click HERE
I linked to here: