Did you celebrate Cinco De Mayo?
We sort of did! We whipped up a batch of fried ice cream (recipe complements of Tatertot and Jello). SO simple! The munchkins LOVED making it eating it not so much. We also made some cheater Sopapilla’s. Combined the two and had a festive dessert the munchkins enjoyed helping create!
Fried Ice Cream:
- Scoop out ice cream into a plastic bag (the kids loved holding the cold ice cream!)
- Invert bag and make the ice cream into a ball
- Place in freezer until hardened
- Place Frosted Flakes and a couple of shakes of cinnamon (make it to your taste) in ziplock bag
- Smash cereal up (rolling-pin, cups you name it!)
- Place smashed cereal in container add as many sprinkles as you want and one ice cream ball unwrapped.
- Place lid on container and shake until ice cream is well coated
- Put ice cream ball in new container back in freezer until ready to eat!
- Place on plate drizzle with honey add whipped cream and ENJOY!
Here is our cheater Sopapilla recipe ( adapted from here!) Keep in mind this is not for the diet or health conscientious. We’ll be starting that next week!
- Crescent rolls
- Cinnamon and Sugar Mix
- Heat about 1/2 inch of oil on Medium heat until hot
- Pull out crescent rolls, cut smaller if desired
- Place in hot oil, it should talk at least 30 seconds to puff up and brown (if faster your oil is too hot)
- Once Browned and Puff flip over and brown 2nd side for about 15 -20 seconds
- Place on paper towel and blot (*this was my addition)
- Place on a plate that has cinnamon and sugar mix on it.
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon and sugar on top
- Move to new plate drizzle with honey
- Add whipped cream or Fried ice cream