The munchkins tried again to catch that pesky leprechaun. They even added a mirror to the trap this year! Sadly our leprechaun got away and left a trail of mischief in his place. First he took our we’re so “lucky” shamrocks off our door and spread them all over the floor in a path that led to purplicious’s ring she had used as part of the trap. (There was much relief that it hadn’t been stolen!)
We thought our milk was safe this year because it wasn’t green. However, oddly for breakfast when we poured our drinks they went green!
Our family festivities started the night before. This year we made leprechaun beards. The original idea came from here however I tweaked it a bit to add the mustache part.
- Orange yarn
- Pipe cleaners 3-4 depending the size
- Ruler (optional)
- Use the pipe cleaners to make a U beard shape. I used 2 twisted together in the middle then curl around ears. Cut off extra if you have any
- Create the mustache part by stringing another pipe cleaner or your cut off pieces across the U.
- Cut yarn for the munchkins we did 10 inch strips for the beard and 4 inches for the mustache
- Fold yarn in half place above pipe cleaner. Bring loose ends around back and through loop. Pull loose strings down to tighten knot on pipe cleaner.
- Continue as needed for a thicker beard slide yarn down tight.
- Go dance and do a little jig your done!
This morning the fun really began with Lucky Charms for breakfast and green shamrock pancakes for lunch.
This afternoon we will be graphing out our marshmallows in the lucky charms, playing some St. Patrick’s Day games and working on our green dinner!
Hope you are all finding someway special to celebrate! Perhaps an Irish Jig?